W. (Bill) Eadie,P.Eng. - Background
BackgroundBill Eadie started his engineering career in Canada with a Vancouver consulting engineering firm. His early experience was in the structural design of heavy concrete structures for pulp mills and industrial plants. After moving to Edmonton he was invited to become a partner in an Edmonton consulting engineering firm established in 1955 by Henry Kasten,P.Eng. The company, Kasten, Smith, Eadie Ltd, expanded its engineering services into mechanical, electrical and ultimately process engineering. Over this period, with a staff of up to 30 professionals, Mr. Eadie directed the majority of the company's multi-disciplined projects.After a conventional oil drilling venture in Eastern Tennessee and subsequent to acquiring a gas well in Redwater, Alberta, Mr. Eadie initiated a research project into heavy oil/bitumen partial upgrading. Current activities now revolve around the EADIEMAC heavy oil/bitumen partial upgrading process plant development.
Industrial engineering experienceIn a technical capacity, Mr. Eadie was responsible for engineering designs and project management activities for the following works:
- 660 MW Clover Bar gas fired generating station Stage II building structure including turbine generator, boiler structures, river pump house, outfall, switch yard and associated structures.
- 150 MW Battle River coal fired generating station foundations and turbine hall structure.
- Explosion repairs investigation, design and expediting at the Battle River Station 'A' coal fired power plant.
- H.R.Milner coal fired generating station at Grande Cache, baghouse civil works, ash disposal conveyor system and ash silo foundations.
- 10 million gallon underground reservoir and pumping station, Edmonton.
- Alberta Research Council Clover Bar, pilot plant modifications.
- Alberta Research Council Nisku, high pressure research facility, installation of containment vessels and related utility services.
- Alberta Research Council Devon, high head laboratory installation of containment rooms and related utility services for pilot plants.
- Heavy oil visbreaking and partial upgrading pilot plant process testing, at ARC Nisku and Devon.
- Alberta Research Council Millwoods, biotechnology laboratory, installation of process services.
EducationAssociate: Civil Engineering, Dundee College of Science & Technology, Scotland. (Now the University of Abertay.)Member: APEGA.
Professional activitiesPresident: Consulting Engineers of Alberta, 1989/91Chairman: ACEC / Industry Science & Technology Canada Liaison Group, 1990/91
PatentCo-developer: "Process and Apparatus for Partial Upgrading of a Heavy Oil Feedstock”, Canadian & U.S. patents.